ENGINEERING & DESIGN..
- Well equipped with 2D-3D design software
- Centralized control of engineering documents to access easily all Departments..
- Awaited of Forging Simulation Software.
DIE MANUFACTURING & INSPECTION
- Using Dies material DIN-2714 for closed die forging & H11/H13 for press forging. Hardness: 38-42 HRC
- Dies for Forging, Trimming die-Punch & Cold Coining are sinking on VMC.
- Finished Impression of Die is 100% dimensionally checked by LAYOUT INSPECTION on Plaster of Paris (POP) mould.
- By POP mould, Prepare hard facing trimming die edge & Verify Punch dimensions.
IN HOUSE RAW MATERIAL TESTING
- Chemical Analysis is done by Spectrometer. Make: SpectroMaxx - Germany
- Other testing facility available like Micro cleanliness, Inclusions, Hardness, step-down test, Jominy end quenched Grain flow , Mechanical Test etc.
- Metallurgical Microscope with Image Analyzer software available to check Micro structure, Grain size after Heat treatment.
- Steel round & square are material identified by Heat code & color code on both end along the length to avoid mix-up.
- Always prepared AL or Si Killed material from OEMs approved sources Like Aarti, Remi Metal, Kalyani, Sunflage, Adhunik, Bhushan Power & steel, JSW, Gerdau etc.
- Cut blanks are done on high productive precise circular saw machine with auto loader facility, Billet shearing machine & band saw.
- Cut blanks are heated by Induction billet heat in Press forging, Controlled Temperature Oil fired furnace for Hammer forging & Induction Metal gathering machine for Upset forging. Temp.: 1150-1250 Cel.
- Forgings operations are performed with hammers & presses includes bending, drawing down, upsetting, rolling which execute in one heating cycle to gather with finish forging.
- Subsequent Trimming operation to remove excess material is done on Power Press.
IN HOUSE HEATTREATMENT
- Forging undergoes Normalizing, Annealing, Stress relieving as per Validate Temperature & time cycle.
- Heat treatment cycle are recorded & controlled using PLC based micro processor.
- Continuous Heat treatment furnace with Quenched-Tempered, Iso-annealing facilities.
POST OPERATION-SHOT BLASTING & FETTLING
- Forging surface De-scaling operation is done by Tumbler type shot blasting machine.
- Using proper grade of shots (0.45 & 0.55mm) to avoid pit marks & embossed marking.
- 100% fettling is done for flash projection, burr, chopping etc.
CRACK DETECTION – HARDNESS & QUALITY INSPECTION
- 100% Magnetic Partial Test (MPI) is done for all functionally critical forging OR Customer requirements.
- Hardness is checked by Brinell Hardness tester for 3000kg load & 10mm ball dia.
- 100% visual inspection is done after shot blasting. Pre-dispatch Inspection report (PDI) report is carried & sends to customer along material.
CNC MACHINING...PENTAGON FORGE & MACHINE LTD.
- Well equipped CNC-VMC machine along with rotary tilting table facility available for ready to use or assembled components.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)- ACCURATE(SPECTRA) & Surface Hardness tester-MITUTOYO available for Precision component Measurement & testing.
- In house standard room for calibration facility.
- Marking machine for traceability.